- We have our own kitchen, run by EDS Bury and the children can have a freshly cooked meal every day. A salad bar is also available
- Alternatively children can bring a packed lunch.
- The price of School Meals is currently £12.50 per week which should be paid online*
- You can also pay for several weeks in advance by using our online payment system. This method is preferable as it cuts down on administration time and eliminates the chances of dinner money envelopes and change going missing.
- All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Free School Meal.
- Children throughout Key Stage One also have a free piece of fruit each day which they eat at morning break time.
- Children are also encouraged to bring a plastic bottle into school that can be filled from the water fountains provided and used throughout the day. We also have Holcombe Brook water bottles available at the office for £3. It has been proven that if children have regular access to water during the day they are more able to concentrate.
*Please see the following guidance for paying online
Free School Meals
If your family gets state benefits or your earnings are below a certain threshold, you may be able to get extra help with school lunch payments. The extra help will depend on the type of benefit that you claim. If your child is about to start school and you want to make a claim please contact the local Area Education Office situated at The Town Hall or contact school for more information. Similarly, if your child is already at school and your circumstances change, do not hesitate to contact us for advice.
School milk is available on a termly basis at a cost of 16p per carton. This is payable for the whole term in advance. A letter is sent out at the end of one term to order milk for the next term.
Children in Key Stage One are provided with a piece of fruit per day around morning playtime. Other children in Key Stage Two are able to bring in a ‘healthy snack’ for mid morning. This should not be crisps or anything with chocolate.